Saturday, June 11, 2011

Deal of the day!

I love (and by love I mean serious addiction!) Santa Cruz Strawberry Lemonade! I can find it at our Kroger, but usually its a better deal to get it through our UNFI co-op club. I had planned on getting 6 containers this month for just under $12.

I saw on Thrifty Mama that Whole Foods carried it and it was on sale for 5/$5! Score!! I printed out some more coupons for organic items that we normally purchase. I headed down to Indy today to my mom's house and planned to make a stop at Whole Foods before heading home. I loaded up my cooler and my bags and headed out.  It was such a good deal that I came home with 4 cases (yes, cases! Each case has 12 bottles) of lemonade. We got a case of strawberry, mango, peach, and plain lemonade. Don't worry, they are not all for us. I am splitting the strawberry case with another family and the peach and mango cases go to them as well. I ended up spending just over $10 for an entire case. Essentially, I got 12 bottles for the price I was going to pay for 6 bottles through co-op. Score!!!

Other items I bought were:
--Lifeway Kefir (2 bottles), Raspberry and Vanilla for me
--Lifeway probugs kefir for the boys in berry flavor
--Kalona Super Natural reduced fat milk
--Dr. Bronner's coconut oil (I use this for cooking and also in my granola)
--Crofter's Premium Spread in Blackberry (10 oz)
--Crofter's Premium Spread in Raspberry (17oz) We are addicted to this stuff!
--Organic Valley Feta cheese (8oz)
--Organic Valley Half and Half

Total Spent: $85.25
Saved with coupons: $6.50
Plus I got 10% off for buying the full cases instead of a few bottles.

*Obviously the lemonade is not all for us. But we got some good deals on stuff that we use regularly and its good to help out friends when there is a good deal. Who doesn't love a good sale?!

1 comment: