Friday, July 22, 2011

34 weeks and 5 days

Today is the gestation at which I gave birth to Bennett.  I'm still pregnant past 7:30am so I guess technically this is the longest I have ever been pregnant.  I had a doc appointment yesterday. Weight gain is still at around 16 lbs, blood pressure was good, and heart beat was good.  She did a cervical check and my cervix is still closed.  Doc stated that she was impressed with my cervix given that this is my 3rd baby and most women start to change at this point.  But then again, I have never started to dilate on my own prior to labor beginning.  At this point, I still feel pretty good and I am confident that I can make it at least until August 1st.  Again, I predict she will come about the second week of August, between 37 and 38 weeks.

After my appointment (since I had some ALONE free time!) I went over to Babies R Us and Keystone Mall.  I got 2 more packs of Tommee Tippee pacifiers since they were buy one get one 40% off.  Then I went to Baby Gap. I am such a sucker for Gap! They were having an extra 25% off already reduced items and then had items marked down to 40% off in the maternity section.  I found a tank for me that I can wear even after baby is born and I got a few items for baby girl.  My sister and I were eyeing up the ladybug sun hats online last weekend and I'm glad we held out because I got them for $1.48 each at the store yesterday.  I got us both one.  I also got her a pair of leggings, a long sleeved shirt to match, and a pair of capri pants.  Total I spent like $44. Not bad!  I also got some refills from MAC for my eyeshadow pallet.

After that, I met my mom, grandma, sister, and brother-in-law Matt at Bravo for lunch.  Matt's birthday was in June and mine was on Wednesday, so it was a birthday lunch for us both.  My sis had a doc appt after and then got a bonus ultrasound to see her little baby girl.  They could see her hair floating in the amniotic fluid on the ultrasound! How weird and cool is that?! My sis is having a c-section next week because her little one is still breech. I can't believe she is having a baby next week!! I am so excited to hold my niece!

Here is a pic of us yesterday after lunch. I am 34 weeks and 4 days and she is 38 weeks and 2 days.

It has been so stinkin' hot around here and I am just over this heat! I can handle the high 80's but with the heat index in the 100's, I am not a happy camper! I think we may be heading to the pool today or something. I need to float like a hippo! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear all is looking good! Rest up, float away, and cook that little girl! And while we don't want her to come quite yet...it's almost time to change up the title of your blog! :oP

    ReplyDelete