Thursday, July 12, 2012

cha-cha-cha-changes!

Well folks, it looks like the big 3-0 is creeping up on me. I'll be 30 in eight days. Gah! I've decided its about time to make some permanent changes to my lifestyle.

For the past week I've been doing the couch to 5k program and I also started weight watchers again. I'm tired of being fat and I need to get back to a healthier weight.

I'm not gonna lie, the first day of the c25k program was brutal. Or maybe it was 100 degree heat that was brutal? Or both! Either way, it sucked....majorly! But I have to say, this week has been alot easier. Maybe I'm actually starting to build up my endurance a little. I've also loved the way exercising makes me feel again. I feel very empowered that I feeling better, which makes me feel better about myself already.

The diet lifestyle change is going very well. I am staying within my points, watching my portions, staying away from sugar, and I've already exercised 3 days this week.

I'm very encouraged by my progress so far. We usually eat pretty healthy, but I really needed to watch my portions. I am measuring everything out so I am positive that my points are accurate. This mama needs to lose 3 babies worth of weight gain. So, wish this mama luck on changing her life!

And just cause pictures are cute, here is one of Avonlea last night. She barely sits still anymore and this was the only one I could get of her not moving or kicking her legs everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. You rock it, mama! You've taken the first step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I'm also making changes. I bought mainly fruits and veggies at the store yesterday to get started before whatever 'meal' program I decide to do.

    Way to go running in heat!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete