Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer recipes

We're now moving into Summer time and the veggies are in full swing! I absolutely love this time of year. I love making meals out of fresh produce and right from the garden. So, here's what we've been cooking up so far this Summer.

My most favorite "salad" of all is a fresh corn, avocado, tomato salad.
I add a spoonful or so of fat free greek yogurt to the dressing to make it creamy. I also add some smoked paprika and a tad of ground chipotle powder. This salad is great on its own, on tacos, or to accompany grilled chicken or steak.

Next up is Eggplant Parmesan. Fresh from the garden version.
This is so easy and simple to make. All you need is an eggplant (medium size), an egg beat up, bread crumbs (I used panko), mozz cheese, and tomato sauce. Slice the eggplant, dip in the beaten egg, coat in bread crumbs (I season mine with some nature's seasoning and herbs), place on a greased cookie sheet. Either spray tops with cooking spray or drizzle some olive or grapeseed oil over the tops. Bake at 400 until crisp and eggplant is tender. Maybe 20 minutes. Then sprinkle shredded mozz cheese on top and put back in oven until melted. I stack mine and layer tomato sauce in between the layers. Soooo good! Bennett asked for seconds!

We've also been getting a lot of zucchini lately. I just made some zucchini bread, but we also make this recipe alot:

Super easy and yummy! Saute some onion and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add in sliced zucchini and saute until tender. Add in seasonings and chopped tomatoes. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat, add some shredded mozz cheese and put the lid on until the cheese melts. Yummo!

I hope you try some of these recipes! Stay tuned for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment