First off is what's in the crockpot tonight for dinner: Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers from Ms Skinny
I followed the recipe exactly except that I used ground chicken instead of turkey and added some fresh basil chopped up instead of the parsley. I also used homemade spaghetti sauce instead of jarred or canned.
The next recipe I got from my friend Nikki's blog. Its Turkey Burgers stuffed with goat cheese. These were AMAZING! Seriously! Even my boys gobbled them up!

- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, grated (it adds moisture to your burger so they're not all dried out and still have a nice flavor)
- 1 green onion, sliced (because I had it leftover)
- Pepper
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 log of goat cheese
- Montreal steak seasoning
I topped ours with avocado, ketchup, fresh spinach leaves, and I used whole wheat buns. I served them with zucchini fries. I also added some shredded zucchini to the turkey burger to help keep it moist and add in some extra veggies.

These burgers were super easy to make and fast to throw together. I'd also like to try this wheatberry salad from my friend Nikki as well. She makes some great stuff!!

Mmmm! I'm seriously salivating! I love the idea of the avocados on the burger - sounds delish! Great idea by grating zucchini into the burgers. I love sneaking extra veggies into Alex's diet. Way to go, mama!
ReplyDelete