Doc did an internal exam and my cervix was still long and closed. Then he did an internal ultra sound to check on baby. Baby looked great with a HB of 178 and was measuring 4 days ahead. He looked at the position of the placenta and stated that it ended just before my cervix and that may be the cause of the spotting. But he saw nothing concerning. He said as my uterus grows it will likely pull the placenta away from the cervix. Thankfully, I haven't had any spotting in almost two weeks now.
I am feeling pretty good and have made up for lost time in the eating department. I've gained between 3-5lbs already. :( This is not good and I keep reminding myself that I need to make better choices.
My belly is huge and by most evenings I feel like a balloon ready to pop. My belly often feels heavy and bloated. I'm sure it's a combination of normal pregnancy symptoms and my poor eating habits lately.
I am having a harder time now falling back asleep after I get up during the night. I have been taking my vitamin and omega pill in the evening which makes me have to get up and pee about 5-6 times per night. Usually after midnight I have a hard time falling back asleep. Like last night I was up for over an hour at 3am. Not fun come 6am!
But, overall things are going well. I can't complain too much. I remember weeks 5-8 and how horrible those were. I know it can always be worse.
I think as a family we've come to the consensus that we are going to find out the gender of this baby. Everyone so far thinks its a girl. We shall see.
And last, a 12 week belly pic:

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Cute bump!
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute!
ReplyDeleteI am right there with you in the peeing department. And I am sort of jealous you are finding out the sex. But the hubs wants this one to be a surprise and I got my way with the first two so...I guess I will be nice and let him have this one! :oP