Friday, May 15, 2009

Major anxiety

B has been having some anxiety lately when he can't see me, but the last few days it has gotten so much worse. He screamed every time he was in his carseat today. He is facing backwards, so obviously he can't see me and that just freaked him out. At one point I held his little hand and he calmed down, but then my arm started hurting so I attempted to let go and he just lost it. Poor kid! He even screamed while I took a shower today.

I felt so bad for the little guy that I mowed the lawn with him on my back in the back pack just so he could be close to mommy. He fell asleep while I mowed the lawn. All of that screaming must have wore him out!

We seem to be getting along okay with the hubby gone. For some reason, the food in the house has lasted a lot longer and I don't need to grocery shop as often. I have figured out how to mow the grass with two young children. I put B on my back and let P play in the sandbox out back and then ride his tricycle on the driveway when I mow up front. We have also got a routine down for bath time and bedtime. I have started bathing them together in the evenings so that I can get that done once instead of two separate baths. Or, sometimes P will take a shower with me in the morning while B plays in the jumper or the bouncy.

The hubby will be home in a few weeks to visit and we are very excited for that. So far, we have been able to talk to him each night. Each day I ask P where daddy is and he always points to our big family picture over the fireplace. And when he goes to bed I tell him that I love him and that daddy loves him too. We also have a picture book that has some pictures of us and the boys in it and P loves to point out everyone in the pictures. P is definitely starting to say more words, in fact, today he pointed to a truck going by the house and said, "whoa baby!" Plain as day. Sometimes that kid just cracks me up.

So far, so good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment