After B's doc appointment yesterday, I have decided that I am switching doctor's for the boys. I am very tired of getting "the lecture" about everything that I am doing wrong for my kids. I don't expect people to agree with everything that I do, but I don't think I am doing anything wrong to my kids. I guess I am a little too crunchy for those mainstream docs, so I have decided to find me a crunchy doc instead. Plus, we are having to switch from private insurance to Tricare (military insurance). There is one doc in town that I am very interested in, but it is very hard to get into her practice. But I am trying, none the less.
On a different note, I tried solids again with B this afternoon. I tried oatmeal and squash, not a fan of either. So, at dinner tonight, I decided I was going to experiment a bit. (P.S. this is probably one of the things I am so "wrong" about!) I have heard that some kids just do not like the texture of pureed baby food and instead go straight to table food. So, at dinner I put B in the highchair and gave him some peas. Yes, real peas! Gasp!!! (I know, I am a horrible mother!) He played around with them for a bit and then I picked one up and squished it a bit and brought it to his mouth. And what do you know, the kid opened up wide and "chewed" the dang thing up! It was so hilarious to watch him "chew" this squished pea. He looked like a horse chewing! I took a video of it because it was so funny. So there you have it folks, apparently my kid is not a fan of pureed baby food. Turns out I'm not starving my kid afterall. :)
B has also been sitting up more and more each day by himself. I can now sit him between my legs until he gets stable and then I back away from him. He will stay sitting on his own for a few minutes before he topples over towards a toy. I was able to get a picture of him sitting on his own this evening. I also got some pics of the boys together, which is darn near impossible these days with an active 2 year old.
I love it! Good for you, I think you are an outstanding Momma! I have heard the same thing about purees vs table food, I've been letting Tessa try some "bad" things too, and she loves it!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Brianna! I just don't understand why docs think everything has to be on a schedule for babies. Not all babies develop the same or are interested in the same things. The docs, of all people, should understand that! :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I think doctors are idiots. You do what you want to do. As long as your kid is eating what does it matter what he/she is eating? And you've been through this once before. Unlike me who has no idea what I am doing...
ReplyDeleteSo good for you! Do what works for Bennett, not for the doctors!