Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lunch for the little ones

I've been home from work most of the week due to the babysitter being on Spring Break and I have been unable to find anyone with a free schedule to watch the boys. So, we've enjoyed the last two days at home, running errands, and playing outside. I don't really know why, but I was really struggling yesterday trying to figure out what to make for lunch. I started searching  Recipezaar and found a recipe for ham roll ups. I had made the baked ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner the night before and had a few pieces of ham left over.  Although, I didn't really want it to be the same exact thing that we had for dinner.  This recipe was great!! Take 8oz of softened cream cheese (I only used 4oz) and mix some chopped green onions with it.  Spread it on tortillas and place a slice of ham on the tortilla.  Roll it up like a cigar. 

Now, I'm not a big ham lunch meat person to begin with, but these were super yummy!!! The boys loved them and it was easy for them to pick up and eat.  And very little mess (unless you have a child like mine who decides to unroll it half way through to figure out what's inside!).

Here is the link to the Ham Rollups.
*Ok, after looking at the recipe, it says you put the cream cheese mixture on the ham slice and roll that up, no tortilla.  You can do it that way or put it on the tortilla for easy handling.

1 comment:

  1. What an easy lunch idea! I might have to give that one a try... although I'm sure Hannah would also unroll it just to play with the cream cheese! :oP

    ReplyDelete