Sunday, March 7, 2010

Menu for this week

I am trying to get back into menu planning. It used to make my life so easy and less stressful when it came to dinner time. Here is our menu for this week:

--Lasagna w/ sourdough french bread and salad
--Creamy sour Cream chicken casserole
--Grilled Pork Chops with grilled marinated veggies (peppers, onions, and eggplant)
--Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice casserole

These are in no particular order and I only did 4 b/c most of those dishes I will make the full version of and we can eat the leftovers on another night of the week. We are also participating in another Co-op this year for our fresh fruits and veggies. We will get them from a local farm and they will be organic, not to mention what we get from our own veggie garden. In the future, I am going to try to plan my meals around what veggies we get that week from the Co-op to help maximize the usage of all the veggies. Our Co-op will be starting this month and usually in the beginning we get lots of salad mix and asparagus (yum!!). I absolutely love asparagus and love to grill it and roast it in the oven. Even just steamed with some lemon juice and salt is delish!!

You can search Local Harvest to see if there is a Co-op in your area if you are interested. Or visit your local farmer's market as much as possible to help support the local farmers in your area.

2 comments:

  1. we have to wait another 2 months for the Chesterton European Market to open. :o( We love getting our veggies from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sour cream chicken sounds easy and good. And Jen we need to come up sometime just to go to the European Market with you guys

    ReplyDelete