Sunday, May 2, 2010

Eat your veggies, please!

We usually tend to eat more healthy. We always have a veggie with dinner and I try to incorporate them as much as possible into our meals. I have been slacking at offering the boys fresh snacks instead of easy stuff like crackers, cheese, nutrigrain bars, etc.  Peytonn really likes grapes and carrots.  Bennett will eat just about anything I give him, minus most veggies. Although he does have an obsession with green beans.  Today I decided that for lunch I was going to try and incorporate more veggies and healthy items.  So we had turkey roll ups, carrot sticks with hummus for dipping, and mandarin oranges. (mommy had spicy red pepper hummus while the boys has just regular)




Both boys loved the turkey roll ups, Peytonn ate most of his carrots while Bennett I think briefly glanced at his, Peytonn ate all of his oranges and asked for seconds while Bennett decided he preferred his oranges dipped in hummus.  Mommy ate all of hers. 

*I just want to note that this is probably the 5th time I have offered the boys mandarin oranges and this is the first time they have actually ate them. And Peytonn asked for more! It just goes to show that even if kids don't like something the first time you offer it to them, it doesn't mean down the road that they won't try it and like it.   I always put a little bit of everything on their plates, even if I know they don't like it or haven't touched it in the past. Peytonn finally likes broccoli after about 2 years of trying to get him to even touch his tongue to it. :) Kids are funny little things.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you ate all of yours, mommy. And what a treat oranges dipped in hummus sounds like. I think I'm gonna have to pass on that one, Bennett!

    ReplyDelete