Monday, March 28, 2011

My sweet baby...

Is a sweet baby GIRL!!! Yay!!!! I about fell off the table when the tech said it. In fact, I didn't even catch a view of the gender shots because I was too busy with my hands over my face crying! (These pregnancy hormones are killer this go 'round!)  But the tech did print me out a picture of it, so no worries.  I made sure I asked her if she was sure, and then if she was serious. She was!  The doc looked at the pics and said everything looks perfect with baby.  They took a cervical length on me and said it was nice and long but wanted to see me back in 2 weeks for another cervical length check.  The doc also said they might look into a cerclage for my cervix if need be. (I'm not really a fan of that)


Now comes names. I am so lost in this department for a girl! Any suggestions would be appreciated! We like uncommon names, nothing too childish (she has to be able to grow into the name as an adult), and something feminine. Wow, that's not complicated now is it?

When I go back for my next ultrasound, I'm definitely going shopping! I can't wait!! I also can't wait to raise a little girl with my sister! I am so excited!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited too!!!! It's just the best news ever! Are you gonna post pix?!?! I need to see my little niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for your Courtney! I'm sure Peytonn and Bennett with be great big brothers and always look out for her! Enjoy buying for your little girl...I figured it would be but I am finding it out for sure now that it is much more fun than buying for boys! Bows, skirts, dresses...she will empty your bank account! :oP

    As for names, my cousin named their little girl Avelynn and they call her Avie. I think its nice because it similar to Evelyn which to me is a classic name but different enough to be unique. Avie is cute for when she is little but Avelynn works for when she is older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So excited for you! I can't begin to suggest girl names. Erin had one picked and I didn't get a chance to try others out. I've always liked Madison too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Very excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO SO SO excited for you guys! You were in my thoughts and prayers all day. I was even more excited when I found out it was a girl! You and your sis are gonna have so much fun shopping for the princesses! :) I think the name Maci is really cute to go along with Bennett and Peytonn. Whatever name you choose, I am sure will be adorable! XOXO

    ReplyDelete