Sunday, March 6, 2011

15 weeks

Today I am 15 weeks. Things are going pretty well thus far. I did have to contact my doctor last week though. I have been feeling kind of run down lately, so on Thursday I took the afternoon off work to come home and just rest while the boys were still at the babysitter.  I took about an hour nap and when I got up I had 4 contractions in 2 hours.  It made me nervous because usually I don't start have contractions until after the 20 week mark. I called the nurse to make sure I was okay to wait until the 16th to see my doctor.  This is also when I am supposed to start my shots.  My doc ended up calling me back to talk to me. (This is why I LOVE my doctor. She takes the time to make sure things are ok, not just leaving it to a nurse) I talked to my doc for about 15 minutes and she decided to go ahead and send in my prescription for my shots to my pharmacy.  She said that I can start them this Friday (this is when the "wheel" says that I change weeks, but according to the calendar I change on Sundays.) My doc also said that she was not worried about me, but gave me changes to look for and said to call her back that night if anything changed because she was on call. 

Things have settled down a bit and although I do have contractions occasionally still, I know that unless they are painful or I have more than 4 in an hour, its probably ok. I see my doc again on the 16th, so I'm sure we will gauge how things are going.  I still haven't gained any weight and my appetite is still good. This baby really likes veggies and fruit still which is probably the reason I haven't gained much thus far. I hope that it stays that way. We should be getting our first CSA basket this month which I am excited about. I love summer for all the fresh produce available. We also love to grill out in the summer and have already twice now. I can't wait to get out with the boys and take walks and go to the park. We have taken a walk twice now so far this year. It feels good to enjoy the fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment