Sunday, April 3, 2011

19 weeks





I am 19 weeks today. I can't believe I am almost half way there! I start to get nervous though after the 20 week mark.  That is usually when things start to go haywire.  Usually sometime in the 24-30 week mark I get admitted to the hospital at least once for contractions.  At 24 weeks my doc will start the fetal fibronectin tests (these check to see if my body will likely go into labor in the next 2 weeks). Then at 28 weeks I will get steroid shots.  These are definitely not fun. Its like a really bad bee sting that you have to get twice, 12 hours apart.  Then at the 30 week mark I know I am a real ticking time bomb.  I do not like that feeling.  Although I am optimistic that I will make it to the 36 week mark this time around. I just have to. 

I took my 4th shot yesterday.  I had another reaction to it.  I have reacted to 2 out of the 4 shots and both times it has been in my left hip.  I'm calling the pharmacy on Monday and then the doc office.  Most likely they will switch me pharmacies and I will then have to drive down to Indy every month to get my prescription.

I bought my first baby girl items this week.  I got a few outfits from Kohl's and Children's Place.  Both were having some good sales.  It is very overwhelming shopping for girl clothes compared to boys.  With boys, you have like 4 racks at the maximum to choose from. With girls, you have a lot more and it seems like there are a million different colors of the same outfit.  It's hard to choose.

I got a few other items but couldn't find the pics online for them. I'm also not sure exactly when this little one is coming and I don't know if I should get mostly short sleeved stuff or some long sleeved.  I know it will be warm with air conditioning, but I will not be locked up in this house for 3 months.  I will have boys to get to school and other activities.  So I know we will be outside.  Then again, do I get 0-3 month stuff or newborn. Again, if the baby comes early she will likely be in newborn for quite a while.  I just don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully she stays in longer than the boys! We want her to bake as long as possible!
    And yay for girls clothes! It might be overwhelming at first but you'll get used to it! It so much more fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete