Friday, April 15, 2011

Update on doc appts

I had my doc appointment and cervical length check ultrasound yesterday. My doc appointment was first. It went really well.  Baby girl was all over the place and doc found her heartbeat way over on my left side.  This little one is wild in there! She kept kicking my cervix while I was waiting for the doc to come in.  I talked with my doc about my birth plan.  Basically she said as long as the baby looks good, I can do whatever I want and she doesn't care how I push the baby out.  I also broke down to her because this is a very emotional subject for me.  I told her that when I make it to 36/37 weeks and if I deliver, I do not want my baby taken from me.  And I wanted to let her know that if something is wrong, I want to know about it.  Whether it be the heartrate dips, etc. I told her that I don't ever, ever want to feel like how I did with Bennett's birth.  It was very traumatic for me and I still have harsh feelings toward the other doc in her practice that delivered him.  But this is why I love my doc, she said that everything will be fine and she is on board with everything that I would like to have.  Even just having the saline well instead of the IV, laboring in the tub, squatting to push, and letting baby and me have time to bond after birth instead of her being taken to the warmer. 

Then I went for my ultrasound at Maternal Fetal Medicine.  My sis met me at the hospital to join me.  They did the internal ultrasound to check my cervix length.  It was nice and long, 39 mm or 3.9cm. Which is very good.  Then the tech asked if I minded if she take a quick peek at baby.  Of course I wasn't going to object. :) I also told her that she can check again to make sure it was still a girl.  Good news, she is! We also got some good 3D pics.  My sis and I both said that she looks like she has the same nose as Bennett. The tech confirmed that she was breech which explains why I felt her kicking my cervix or down low.  The tech said there is still plenty of time for her to turn head down.  Her heartrate was 158bpm.  The doc looked at the info and said that I don't need to come back for another ultrasound unless something changes.  Good news!!

My sis then took me upstairs to L&D to check out their new birthing tubs and some other new items they have now for natural labors.  Such as aromatherapy and new laboring/pushing positions.  I am so excited about this!!

We then went for lunch downtown at Sushi  on the Rocks.  Yum!! Then shopped for most of the day.  I ended up ripping a second hole in my jeans while attempting to show Lindsay a squatting position for pushing. We went to Gap at Keystone Mall because they have a small maternity section there.  I found a pair of jeans and the sales lady actually returned my ripped pair and gave me the new pair for free!! Love Gaps customer service!! We both also got some t-shirts and tanks for summer.

It was such a fun day and I love getting to spend some girl time with my sister! We hardly get to do it anymore. We didn't even get anything for our baby girls like we had intended.  So much cute stuff to choose from!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, so glad everything went well! I can't wait to see the princess! Ok, can I just say that I laughed out loud when I read the hole ripping comment. Not that I am laughing at you, but I can just picture you showing Lindsay positions and then boom! You two are so cute! I am so happy you guys get to share this experience together! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, we both laughed too! And let me just tell you that built in air vents are not all that attractive on your jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your little peanut is growing strong and healthy! I hope she bakes for a while longer and your birth plan wishes come true.
    How exciting to share this time with your sister. You girls are too cute! Glad you had a fun day together!

    ReplyDelete