Monday, June 6, 2011

Boo Boo's and such

Well, Bennett is the first to get stitches. I really can't say that I am surprised that someone got stitches before the age of 5. These two are all boy and rowdy as all get out! We were at a graduation open house Sunday evening and apparently (this is the story I got, I didn't actually see it happen) Bennett was running and hit his head on some metal. Now no one seems to know if it was a table or the tracking of the garage door. Either way, he hit his head and cut it open.

Hubby and I left and took Bennett to Urgent Care where he proceeded to get 3 stitches. The boy was a champ and the only time he cried was when we had to hold his arms and legs so they could stitch it up. It slowed him down for all of 5 minutes maybe before he was back to his old shananigans.

He has to keep them in for 6 days and then gets them taken out. After we left the Urgent Care, we went back to the party to get Peytonn. ( He stayed with my inlaws) Both boys fell asleep on the way home and Bennett slept all the way until this morning. Then he was right back to tackling his brother and attempting to jump on his brother from the couch. It's never a dull moment around here!

In other news, I'm 28 weeks this week. My ankles have started to swell when I am on them for a long time. I've been icing them at night and propping them up and by morning they are back to normal. I was on my feet for most of this weekend and ate some stuff that was high in sodium, so I'm sure that didn't help.

I took my glucose test last Wednesday and I passed!!! This is the first time that I have ever passed the 1 hour test. I was so excited! I really feel like things are falling into place this time around and I really am confident that I can make it to at least 36 weeks. That's only 8 weeks from now and only 8 more shots to go! Woot!

It's been pretty hot here the past week or so and it makes me really not look forward to standing the heat the rest of the summer. However, Hubby got my a big pool so that I can sit in it outside. As Peytonn told me, "mom, we got the pool for your belly!"  Thanks kid! :)

It looks like this:

It's nice and big and deep enough that I can sit and submerge most of my belly. It should help keep me a little cool this summer. And the boys can play in it too.

3 comments:

  1. yeah, my feet and ankles swelled up 2 weeks ago and have never gotten better. My doctor isn't concerned though. At least we can wear flip flops....well when you don't have to go to work.
    And if I had to be pregnant through the summer, I'd have to get that pool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I am most afraid about with Colson...the dreaded stitches/broken bone. I hear boys are alot rougher than girls so that scares me. Glad Bennett is a trooper though and did ok! Glad things are looking good with you too minus some swelling! Baby girl needs to bake! :o) you're looking adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. courtney, you look beautiful! i love that dress...i was really swollen with the twins, it's not fun...hope you feel good today!

    ReplyDelete