Thursday, July 14, 2011

A minor setback

I had my 33 week appointment yesterday.  The day just started off bad....I didn't sleep well, a lot of tossing and turning, and finally got up for the day at 5am.  I just felt very..off.  Baby was quite active and everytime she moved it hurt and my stomach felt very crampy.  Kind of like spasms, it did not feel like regular contractions.  I thought maybe I was feeling very good. 

I made it to my appointment at 10:30 with all intentions of not having a cervical check and not having a Ffn test since I was almost 34 weeks.  The doc came in and I laid back for her to measure my belly.  She asked me how I was and I told her my tummy felt weird.  Her response, "well yeah, you're having a major contraction right now!"  I told her that it didn't feel like a contraction though, more like a spasm. She had me bend my knees up and tell her when I was having the feeling again.  To that I responded, "you're not sending me anywhere, I don't have anything packed or ready to go."  And you all know what it's like calling your husband and asking them to pack a bag for you. I would be lucky to get underwear!

She then ordered a Ffn and a cervical check.  Thankfully my cervix was still closed and the Ffn came back negative.  She told me that this is the time when my body usually goes into action so it would be a good idea to get things packed and ready to go.  She told me to take it easy and put my feet up and stay as hydrated as possible.  She wants me to come back in a week to get checked again.  So, I guess I am on weekly appointments now.

I took the boys to the babysitters today so I could rest a little and get some things packed.  I still hope to make it to August 1st and I hope this is just a slight bump in the road.  I am not ready for this little girl to come yet. I need at least 2 more weeks!

3 comments:

  1. saying a prayer for you and baby girl!!! Hope you get some good rest today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy momma! Cook that little girl a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, cook her longer. We don't need any more NICU babies. Hope you are getting lots and lots of rest.

    ReplyDelete