Tuesday, August 30, 2011

1 month old!

So, I'm a little behind in posting this. Sorry, I have 3 small children, two of which started school this past week. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Anyways, Avonlea is growing like a weed! She has outgrown most of her newborn diapers and we've discovered the hard way that she is a heavy wetter! I have ordered a few more one size fitted diapers and another 6 pack of the BumGenius one size diapers. Those seem to be working the best for us, especially at night time. 

Avonlea is starting to fit more and more into her 0-3 month clothes. She is long and even though she can fit into her newborn sleepers, she has outgrown the length on them.  She has definitely chunked up quite a bit. My guess would be that she is in the 7-8lb range now. With her cheeks weighing at least 4 of those pounds. :)

We continue to struggle with night time and it seems to be getting worse. She usually sleeps well from about 8-9pm until midnight-1am. But then its a free for all and most nights she has a period where she is awake for about 2-3 hours. Needless to say, I'm exhausted most mornings. Add in the boys starting school with me working and it makes for a long week!  She has been sleeping in our room in a pack n play or in bed with me and I think I am going to try and move her to the hammock in her room.  It seems she likes to be upright (she sleeps amazingly in the swing or bouncer) and on her side.  I have adjusted the hammock so that the top is upright and it slants down. I hope this helps. She is sleeping in it for a nap as we speak!

The boys continue to adore her. We still need to remind them to lower their voices or to be more careful when she is on the floor.  But I love that they just adore her! She has started noticing her toys on the bouncer just within the past couple of days. She purposely reaches for them now and bats them with her hand.  She is tracking toys and responds to your voice.  I may have caught a social smile today, but we'll just have to wait and see.




One month old on 8/25/11

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie loves to be upright too. We bought the rock and play sleeper and it worked wonders. Now that she is sleeping in a crib at day care for naps she is doing good in hers at home. Mackenzie also outgrew clothes because of her length, not because of weight. Our early birds are certainly growin!!
    Happy one month!!

    ReplyDelete