I know there are others out there trying to eat right and lose some weight, so I thought it might be fun to post some recipes that others can use or try out.
Breakfast
Yogurt Smoothie:
1 cup lowfat yogurt (I use Stoneyfield Farms Lowfat plain yogurt)
1 cup fruit (any kind will work)
1 banana
1 scoop whey protein powder (could also use peanut butter)
1 cup ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and crush it all up. I use the ice crusher mode until the ice is crushed then let it run for a minute or so on just the regular blender mode. For the entire thing is only 6 WW points and it really fills you up. Sometimes I add a handful (or two) of baby spinach. Free points and it adds to the nutrition, yet you won't taste the spinach. You can also add wheat germ (2 TBSP) or Chia seeds (1-2 TBSP) for added nutrition, yet it will add some points to the smoothie.
Oatmeal w/ fruit and nuts:
2 TBSP slivered almonds
4 cups of water
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used 1/4 cup dried cherries)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
You can toast the almonds in a pan first, but its not necessary if you don't want to. Place all ingredients in a pan and boil on medium-low until liquid is absorbed. About 3-4 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving at 6 points. I added 1 TBSP of brown sugar to my bowl for an extra point.
Lunch
BLT:
2 slices light bread ( I used Aunt Millie's wheat bread) 4pts for 2 slices
2 TBSP light mayo (I use Hellman's Olive Oil Mayo) 2 pts for 2 TBSP
2 slices bacon (I used Applegate Farms Uncured natural Bacon) 2 pts
Tomato slices
baby spinach
Cook bacon and toast the bread. Spread mayo on each slice of bread. (I mixed some dill with my mayo) Top with bacon, tomato, and baby spinach. You can also add some avocado (1/4 of a medium is 2 pts). You can also find bread that is lower points, like 2 pts for 2 slices. I used what I had which is 4 pts for 2 slices. So, my sandwich is 8 pts total. I paired mine with some grapes and a spinach salad with a lowfat dressing. I think my dressing was 2 pts for 2 TBSP.
Dinner
Stuffed Peppers:
I am following a recipe that a friend posted on her blog. I am going to use ground turkey in it instead of ground beef.
1 lb ground Turkey
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
10 oz tomato sauce
1 cup cooked rice
1 medium onion chopped
4 whole green peppers
This is the basic recipe I am going to use. I plan to add some carrot, spinach, and various spices to my recipe. These are all zero points. For the basic recipe, for 4 people, is 8 pts per serving. A serving is 1 whole pepper.
I will probably have a salad with low fat dressing with this recipe. I also have an eggplant that I need to use up, so I will probably grill that with some balsamic vinegar.
Remember to drink lots of water when you are on a diet and basically just in general. It really helps clean out your system and helps keep you a little more full. Feel free to post your recipes or tricks.
Thank you for posting! I need all the help I can get! I'm not a fan of most fruits or yogurt but maybe it I try mixing them together in a smoothie they will taste okay. My problem is that I don't really like most foods that are good for you—yogurt, bananas, blueberries, oatmeal, etc. so it makes it really hard to find things to eat. But I think I might just have to try some things again and maybe I will be able to tolerate them now.
ReplyDelete