Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What have we been up to?

Things are starting to calm down a bit around here and we are settling in as a family of five.  That is so weird to say...a family of five! Anyways, the boys are adjusting great to having a little baby in the house. The only real issue we continue to have is their volume level.  Not a huge deal, I'm hoping in time it will level out.

The weather has been so nice out this past week.  It has been in the high 70's/low 80's and we have had our windows open.  The boys have really enjoyed being outside a lot more and so has Avonlea.  I try to get her out at least once per day to get some fresh air and sunshine.

We've been taking lots of walks and even went to the Farmer's Market in Carmel with Nana and Papa.  After we walked around the reflection pond because the boys like to see the ducks.  My mom lives within walking distance to it all which is super nice. We also walk to downtown Carmel on the Monon Trail which is a great way to get some energy out.


Avonlea also got to make her first trip to Target with mommy this week.  I have been trying to find the Mam pacifiers with the latex nipples and it is impossible to find them anymore.  I have one left over from Bennett and that is it.  She has taken a somewhat liking to the Nuk latex pacifier, so that may be my only hope.  She really only takes a pacifier during the night after feedings.  She really likes to suck to fall asleep.


Things are still going rather smooth.  She has been a pretty easy baby thus far, but I know that as the weeks pass and she is awake for longer stretches that it could change.  She is fascinated by her brothers though and loves to stare at them.

I started back to work today. I only took on one case which equals about 12 hours per week.  I can make my own schedule so that way Avonlea is home with Daddy and I am only missing one feeding.  I can pump at work and I pump before I leave so that Daddy has some milk to give her.  Today went pretty smooth, but I am glad to be home and snuggling on my baby.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I can't believe you started back to work already!!!! I don't know how you do it super mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete