So, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, I have this obsession with baby stuff (i.e. diapers, carseats, etc.) We have 4 different carseats and I liked each one for different reasons. However, there is one that I have really started to dislike, the Graco MyRide 65. Now, this is a perfectly great carseat (rearfaces to 40lbs and forward faces to 65lbs. Plus it will fit a newborn great!), however, there are a few features that I don't like about this seat. It reclines a lot (even in the upright forward facing position), it is a bit narrow, and it is really big (it has a tall base). Currently, this seat is used for Peytonn in the van. He reclines really far in it and it's hard for him to get into it by himself. Also, he doesn't have a lot of leg room between the seat and the back of the drivers seat. I also transport 3 kids for work a couple of times per week. I have to put the MyRide in the 3rd row of the van. It is HORRIBLE (and that is an understatement) in the 3rd row. The kids can't even get their legs between the carseat and the seat in front of them. They literally have to elevate their feet and put them on the back of the seat in front. It's annoying and I'm sure uncomfortable for them. This is why I went on a search for a new seat. If we ever plan on having a 3rd baby, Peytonn will have to sit in the 3rd row and he just can't in that seat. Not to mention, he is already on the top strap height.
My two options were another TrueFit (the new one I got for Bennett a couple of months ago) or another Britax (they are revamping the old line so a lot are on clearance right now). After searching the internet for a few days trying to find the best deal, I decided that I do really adore the TrueFit. So, I decided to go with that one. I found a great deal on one through Amazon, its the new version of Bennett's seat.
I have a free Prime Membership through Amazon until October which gives me free 2 day shipping on anything that I buy. I ordered Peytonn's carseat yesterday and it arrived today. I was super excited because online it said to expect it Tuesday. I got it all put together and I really love the colors of it. I believe it's called City Chic and its mostly black with silver going down the middle. Peytonn likes it and I LOVE how it fits in the van. It fits great in the 3rd row with plenty of leg room.

No comments:
Post a Comment