Friday, July 16, 2010

Where have I been?

Funny you should ask! I feel like I have been just about everywhere this week, except my bed, sleeping like an angel.  Where do I even begin? Hubby went back to work, Peytonn went this week to preschool summer camp, the van and truck both went into the shop, and I worked a ton of hours (including 5 court hearings!). Oh, and let's not forget that this entire month Bennett has been getting up every 2 hours (or more) each night. Mama is TIRED and EXHAUSTED!

On a good note, Peytonn LOVED preschool! He was a bit nervous the first day when we dropped him off, but by the time we picked him up, he was all smiles.  That night all he could talk about was what he did at school that day. He woke up the next morning and asked if he was going to school. By the end of the week, he had the hang of things and mom was old news in the mornings.  He had better things to do, such as play on the playground, plant in the garden, or paint a picture to name a few. I'm so glad that he enjoyed it so much. It's also a relief. I was a bit nervous that maybe signing him up for the 5 day morning class for the school year would be too much for him. But he proved me wrong. This week was kind of a test drive to see how the fall would go and I am so glad that it seems like all is well. He walks around the house singing "A-B-C, A-B-C" or "1-2-3, 1-2-3" and some other songs as well. Its super cute!!

I also had to take the van in to the dealership because one of the automatic sliding doors wasn't working properly and I drove around one day for 3 hours with it beeping non stop at me. (I about checked myself into a mental hospital after that day!) So I drove hubby's truck the next day. The dealership called me and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. (can't say I'm surprised, I have taken it in before and they said the same thing) So, on my lunch and went in and switch the truck for my van so we could have the oil changed in both cars.

Then work was completely stressful and tiring this week. I had a total of 5, yes 5 court hearings this week. I actually had 2 in one day on Thursday, back to back. Plus client appointments and visits as well. I have been so tired this week that I actually passed out on the couch at 5:30pm and awoke to my lovely son head butting me in the stomach. That was lovely!

Oh yes, and then there is Bennett. My lovely little boy who used to be the best sleeper has turned into a complete MONSTER! Yes he's ornery in general, but this boy does NOT want to sleep at night. He has been cutting 4 molars at once, but my this has been ongoing for about 2 months now. This month seems especially bad at night. I give him Tylenol or Ibuprofen before bed to help him sleep. It helps a bit, and some nights more than others, but its almost as if he just wants to see me walk into his room and then he lays back down. ???? How do you fix that? 

All in all, this week has sucked and I am glad it's over. I hope that next week is better and I pray that I am able to get a bit of sleep this weekend to catch up on the lack of it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment