Saturday, July 10, 2010

Roasted Corn & Black Bean Salsa

Today we made our weekly trip to the Farmer's Market and picked up some fresh corn on the cob, jalapenos, banana peppers, and local homemade soap. I wanted to look around some more, but the kids weren't cooperating very well. The kids laid down for naps right when we got home so I got to thinking about what I could make with the corn.  I search 'Zaar and found some corn and black bean salsa recipes. I ended up following a recipe called Baja Black Beans, Corn, and Rice. I had every intention of making the bean and corn mixture now and then making the rice around dinner time so we could have an easy dinner. 
Well, I made a couple of slight changes to the recipe and tried it with some corn chips and it made an awesome salsa!!

Here are the changes that I made:
 --I roasted my corn, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic in a dry cast iron pan.



--I also added a couple of splashes of red wine vinegar, some chili powder, ground chipotle powder, smoked paprika, and dried cilantro.  I also added a few more jalapenos because mine wasn't even remotely spicy with just one. (not even a little kick)

And this is what it turned out to be:


It is so colorful and super yummy!!!! I think this would definitely be great over some rice with some grilled chicken. But its also great just by itself with some corn chips. Enjoy!

1 comment: