I checked my email yesterday and had a recipe in there from Allrecipes for Waikiki Meatballs. I checked out the recipe and it looked pretty yummy. Normally, I make my meatballs by hand (which is what the recipe calls for), however, I knew I had a bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer. I read some of the reviews for the recipe and one stated that they made the sauce and put the meatballs in the crockpot with the sauce. Score!! I dumped my bag of frozen meatballs into the crockpot, made the sauce on the stove and dumped it over the meatballs, added the pineapple, onion, and garlic and put the lid on. I cooked it on low all day and then made some Jasmine rice to serve it with.
This was a big hit! Both boys ate every last bit of their meatballs and even hubby said was pretty darn good. If you use frozen meatballs and a crockpot, this is a quick and hassle free meal. It's even a kid pleaser! I also made some zucchini, onions, and tomatoes to go along with it for a veggie. Yummy!!
I do plan to make this recipe again and make the meatballs from scratch using this recipe. But frozen are a "just as good" substitute in my book.
Last week we got some fresh Okra from our CSA. I found a recipe for Okra and Tomatoes from Kelly's Recipes. The pictured looked really good and I had all of the ingredients to make it. Turns out, it was AMAZING!! The hubby loved it and both boys ate the okra. They have never had okra before so I was unsure about what their reactions might be to it. But they both loved it and actually picked it out from the tomatoes and ate it by itself. Definitely try this recipe!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment