Sunday, January 30, 2011

Monster Jam

We took the boys to Monster Jam on Saturday night. Peytonn was really excited and did really well. Bennett on the other hand was a little out of control. It was held at the stadium and we were really high up. It was so steep that I started to have a little bit of an anxiety attack. I was so scared that if the boys happened to trip and fall that there was nothing to keep them from going right over the edge. We were very strict with them that they had to stay in their seats for this reason. Peytonn did great, Bennett was restless and wouldn't sit for very long.  I was hoping that once the show actually started that he would settle down. WRONG!  He wouldn't keep his head set on, he wanted to play musical people, and didn't want to sit in his chair. About an hour into the show he kicked over the bottle of water onto the lady in front of us. I was so mortified! I took him out of the stadium to sit and calm down. After about 20 minutes Hubby brought down the keys and coats to me and I took the boys out to the car. At this point it was 2 hours past their bedtime. I put a movie on for them in hopes they would fall asleep. Wrong again! I drove around for an hour while Hubby and the Inlaws watched the show.  The boys finally fell asleep as we sat in traffic for an hour after the show and we made it home at midnight. I was exhausted and of course the boys were up at 6:15am.

Peytonn had a really good time, but I think Bennett was still a little too young to really enjoy it. Obviously! Lesson learned!




 Crash! The boys loved this!
 Grave Digger! They're favorite!


1 comment: