Friday, January 7, 2011

Update

Ok, I need to update a few things. First, the Kanoe. There are some questions about it and I should have explained more in my post. The Kanoe is a hammock style bed for babies and toddlers. It hangs from the ceiling and has a spring that is attached to it. Think of a "Johnny Jump Up" type thing but with the bed on the other end. When the baby moves or fusses, the natural motion of the baby bounces and sways the bed. The key to a bed like this is often times the natural movement will soothe the baby back to sleep. Plus, since it's a hammock style, the baby's weight forms a slight "cocoon" if you will around the baby. This often times makes them feel more secure and helps them sleep better. It mimics you holding them in your arms. The strap that hangs the bed from the ceiling is adjustable. This bed is designed to be used until around 2 years of age. Once the baby can climb out of the bed on their own, you can lower the strap so the bed is within a few inches of the floor. At that time, you can teach your child to climb out of the bed on their own and safely. I hope that all makes sense.

We still have out crib, so I thought about getting this since my babies like to be rocked to sleep, and then setting up the crib eventually if we need to. This picture is a little bit bigger and allows you to see the spring.



Also, I got my Gap order in the mail today. I love the shirt, but the color is not exactly what I expected. Don't get me wrong, I like the shirt and plan to keep it, but in the picture it looks more light purple. In real life, it is more of a grayish/purple. I also like the dress pants that I got. I believe they are they Perfect Trouser and the Modern Boot Cut pants. Both with the front panel, not the Demi panel or the full panel.

I also went to Motherhood today to find some tank tops to layer. I ended up getting 2 tanks and 2 tunics.





The colors are a lot more vibrant in real life for the colorful tunic. The bottom tunic is more of a bluish/purple color. It's really pretty. The only thing I don't like are the pockets. I will be cutting those out. I got 2 layering tanks as well. I love the tanks, they fit really nice and are long enough to cover the belly and the panel of your pants. This should get me through until I absolutely need maternity shirts. So...about until next week. :) (Kidding, well, maybe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment