This week I got in contact via email with two doula's in our area. There is one that I really like so far, her name is Tammy. Tammy is willing to drive the hour to the hospital where I deliver. She seems very nice through her emails and she has great reviews from other mom's that have used her.
I talked with Hubby more on the subject. I was sure he was going to veto the idea as soon as he found out how much it was going to cost. Surprisingly, he didn't. I talked with him a little about what role a doula plays during a birth and why I wanted to use one. He is on board with the idea.
We plan to meet Tammy in person to interview her and decide if we want to hire her as our doula. I am very excited about this. I can't wait to meet her. I also have a doctor's appointment on Monday and I plan to discuss this with my doctor. My doctor is nothing short of awesome, so I'm sure she won't have a problem with it. My sister works at the hospital that I deliver at and she said women have doula's there all the time during their births. This makes me feel good that our doula would be accepted and welcomed.
I am really excited about this. Maybe that's weird, but its a big sense of relief for me if we end up hiring Tammy. I think just to know that I have that support is a big reassurance for me.
That's awesome that you are considering a doula! Ours was awesome and we were really glad that we decided to have her there. Good luck on finding someone that you click with!
ReplyDelete