The doctor said that her color looks great and the jaundice is no longer a concern. I have noticed she is getting much more of a pale color compared to her "red/yellow" jaundice color. She is still about 19 inches long. She is a long baby! She is in the 19th percentile for length and barely on the charts for weight. Doc said if we move the chart over for her gestational age, she would be right around the 50th percentile for both height and weight.
Night time has been decent. Some nights are better than others. It seems as though she has at least one feeding a night where she does not go right back to sleep. She is the first baby we have swaddled at night, so I have a question for those that have swaddled their babies. Do you feed/change then swaddle? Or change, swaddle, and then feed? I am trying really hard to have her sleep in her own bed instead of with me, but honestly, last night I gave in. After over an hour of trying to get her to sleep, I laid down and latched her on and we both passed out. It felt nice to get some sleep. It's not that I mind her sleeping with me, my worry is that sometimes Peytonn comes into our bed in the middle of the night and I am not comfortable with them both in the bed at the same time. I don't think it is safe. We haven't tried the hammock out yet because we haven't put a hook in our room. I may have Hubby install one and try the hammock.
Other than that, we are all doing well. We seem to be adjusting pretty well and we even went on our first outing as a family of five the other day. We went to lunch and then to the mall. We ended up taking 2 strollers, one for the baby and one for Bennett. I'm still debating getting the second seat for the B-ready stroller that we have. Maybe I should rephrase that....I absolutely think we need the second seat for Bennett, Hubby isn't quite convinced. Maybe I should let him take all 3 kids out by himself, that should convince him. :)
And now for some pics from my phone:
Two weeks old!
No paparazzi while I eat, please!
This pacifier is as big as my face!
So sweet, right after a bath. She is just so calm and alert!


We just started swaddlng Mackenzie at night, she is sleeping much better. We bought a swaddle me blanket and so I can change her while she is still swaddled. But to eat I unswaddle her, otherwise she stops eating if she falls asleep. She is back to sleep maybe 10 min after we swaddle her back up.
ReplyDeleteSo I guess we eat, change, swaddle. unless its just a diaper change not eating.
I can't believe she is 2 weeks old already. Wow!
ReplyDeleteWith both Hannah and Colson we would change, eat, and then swaddle. Hannah had a hard enough time staying awake to eat anyways so we definitely had to keep her un-swaddled. I tried to do the same things that I did with Hannah, with Colson, because they seemed to work so well.
We change, eat and reswaddle. So far no issues...Everleigh always goes right back to sleep.
ReplyDelete