Saturday, April 18, 2009

New projects for the Spring

There are so many projects that I want to do before D leaves. We have started two of them, one is a sandbox for P and the other is a raised vegetable garden for me. We went to Menard's the other night and got the lumber to make both.

D cut the frame for the sandbox this past week and got some sand to fill it with. P loves his new sandbox so much! We have played in it the past 3 days. We are still working on keeping the sand in the sandbox and not in the yard, but so far so good.
I also bribed D into building the frame for my garden tonight by ordering some Chinese (his favorite meal) and waking him up a bit early. :) It worked and he built the frame tonight before he left for work. I think we are going to put it on the side of the back yard where it is most level and not a low spot where water collects. Now my job is to get all the grass out of the framed area so that D can till up the dirt. I plan to make it an all organic veggie garden. I have also started some veggies in a little greenhouse. So far we have started cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, cilantro, rosemary, green onions, and lettuce. However, some little fingers have made their way into my greenhouse and now I'm not sure what I have coming up in the first flat of veggies. I guess we'll find out later.

I also got some more flowers from Menard's today. I got some Lily's, garden mums, and some extra tomato plants in case those are one of the plants that the fingers got into. I planted the Lily's in the back of the house framing the fireplace chimney and I planted half of the mum's in the front of the house. Part in a hanging basket and the other part in a planter that sits on our front porch. The rest will go in the back of the house. I just didn't have time to plant them today before the kids got cranky and D had to leave for work. I guess there is always tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment