Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We got our milk!

We took the boys to visit the farm on Monday evening. P was soooo in love with the pigs, chickens, and cows. Oh, and the tractor and the mudd! :) He also got to see some baby chicks and 2 calves that were in the barn. He was so muddy by the time we left that we just stripped him down in the car and he rode home in his diaper.

We also got our first gallon of raw milk. The next morning I skimmed the cream off of the top and put it in a Ball jar and stuck it in the freezer. It will be great to use in my coffee in the mornings. I also froze the gallon of milk because we just bought 2 gallons of organic milk at the store the day before, not knowing if we would come home with milk on Monday or not. Of course I just had to taste it before I froze the milk. It was pretty good, it tasted like milk! :) I took some pictures of it before I put it in the freezer.

*The cream I skimmed off the top*

*The actual raw milk before I skimmed the cream off the top*

No comments:

Post a Comment