Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby doc

Yesterday was my first OB appointment. It went really well. I got an internal ultrasound and there is definitely only one baby in there. It's heartrate was 175 bpm and I was measuring at 8 weeks 2 days instead of 8 weeks. There were 3 different dates for my due date. According to Fertility Friend where I was charting my due date was 8/28/11, according to my LMP it was 8/29/11, and according to "the wheel" it was 8/31/11. After the ultrasound my doc said she felt comfortable going with 8/28/11 as my due date. I feel fine about this and I know when I ovulated and when conception probably was (it was within a 2 day span). For most people, that date doesn't really matter all that much. But for me, it really does. I have never made it past 34 1/2 weeks, so every day counts for me and the baby. So technically my weeks change on Sunday now instead of Monday.

My doc and I also talked about our "strategy" as she likes to call it. Ha! I will start weekly Progesterone shots starting at 16 weeks and continue them through 36 weeks. I administer these myself at home in my hip. They are not fun and I don't look forward to them or the 2 bruised hips. However, I know they got me 2 1/2 weeks farther with Bennett and I hope they will get me to 37 weeks or beyond this time around.  I will also get steroid shots sometime between 28 and 34 weeks and I will get Fetal Fibronectin (sp?) tests starting at 24 weeks and ending at 34 weeks.  These tests *can* predict if you will go into labor in the next 2 weeks. I've had them with both boys.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks on Valentine's Day. I also haven't gained any weight and I actually lost a pound today from yesterday. I'm ok with that! :) We got lots of pictures from the ultrasound yesterday, but I'm too lazy to upload them.

I also got my pregnancy pillow in the mail yesterday. It was heaven last night! Its definitely huge and it barely fits on my side of the bed and we have a king. But I slept great minus the 6 times I got up to pee.

Yesterday was just a good day. Hubby and I got to spend the entire day together and use some of our giftcards from our Anniversary to Maggiano's for lunch. We also walked around one of the malls in Indy and Gap was having a 40% off your entire purchase day. I was able to get 2 maternity shirts and 2 tank tops. Then we went to pick up the boys and had dinner with my in laws. I ate so much good food yesterday and I have no idea how I am down 1 pound. I even woke up at midnight starving to death! Crazy!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad everything is looking good. Let's try to keep that baby in there until at least the beginning of August! :o)
    And it kind of is freaking me out that by your next appointment, I will be holding my little boy. Holy crap time needs to slow down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. courtney...i did not know your boys were preemies. my water broke at 32 1/2 weeks, but i made it til 34 weeks on hospital bedrest. i am nervous for when we try to have the next one. i am sure i will be going through the same steps as you. good luck with everything! you'll be in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete