Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gudonya Too

Say what? Gudonya, you know Gud-On-Ya. See, now you understand. :)

I found this AMAZING product on Etsy. The best thing, they are right here in Indiana! I just love supporting local businesses. Anyways, I was on one of my co-ops and everyone was raving about this Gudonya stuff. I looked into it and found out that they make their own shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, deodorant, perfumes, and soaps.  I decided to go ahead and try some and also order some from the co-op. Sadly, (for my wallet!) I am on my 3rd order because I just adore this stuff! So, what did I order and what are my honest opinions:

--Salty Dawg creme Shampoo and Intense Conditioner
 This is the creme Shampoo. Love it! Seriously! I have thick, naturally wavy hair and I am VERY particular about my shampoo and conditioner. I don't take those things very lightly. The description of this shampoo states that it has salt in it, which will make it grainy feeling. However, if you add warm water to it after you put it on your hair, it lathers up and the salt dissolves. I found that it does lather up, but not as much as your mass produced shampoo does. But, I'm ok with that. I use it mostly on my scalp area and then lastly rub it through my end. I find that it gets my hair very clean and the scent is amazing. I get whiffs of my hair throughout the day and just love it! This is also great for the guy in your life. I told my Hubby about it and of course he gave me the "you're crazy, lady!" look. I left it at that. But I've smelled that scent on him a couple of times now. I'm pretty sure he thinks its amazing too!


Here is the intense conditioner. Love it, too! No really, I truly love it. I use it mostly on my ends and then lightly massage it in to my scalp. I let it sit on my hair while I wash everything else and then rinse it out. I was skeptical at first, I usually have to use about 3 products on my hair just to get a comb through it. But not with this! I simply use the shampoo and the conditioner and that is it. No detangling spray, no leave in conditioner, no silk. Adore it! And a little bit goes a long way. If you have short hair, this will last you a long time. Its nourshing using natural products and keeps your hair soft and shiny.

I have 2 more orders in for these in various scents because I love these products so much!


--Whipped Clean Body Wash

I also got the body wash to try. You have got to try this! I got the Mayan Gold scent, not a big fan. It's not a terrible scent, its just not what I like, but many others like it just fine. It kind of reminds me of a peppery, patchoulli scent. Very hippy like, kind of. My brother would like it. It is a very unisex scent. But anyways, you just swipe your loofah through this a couple of times and it suds right up. My skin is really soft and it leaves a light scent on your skin. I also ordered more of this in different scents to try. This would also be a great gift for family or friends. I just ordered some for a friend of mine who just had her baby. You know, a little something for mama to feel human again. :)

Through the co-op, I also ordered the deodorant and the Smoochy Skin bar. The skin bar is kind of like an exfoliant.


I haven't received my order yet for those items so I can't give an accurate review of those. But I am really excited to try them out!

So please, head on over to Gudonya Too and try some of their amazing products!!! You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. I've ordered from them on etsy several times! Their whipped body souffles are awesome!! You've piqued my interest about the shampoo/conditioner and body wash. Great....now I'm headed to their site. :)

    ReplyDelete